The Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager (Boston, MA) will ensure smart, efficient delivery of national marketing programs to support a growing organization.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Manager will oversee core national marketing team operations and reporting. Facilitating internal alignment on deliverables and priorities, developing efficient processes, and budget management will be key responsibilities. The Manager will also own reporting on effectiveness of marketing efforts and developing new analytics capabilities that put meaningful data at the center of team decision-making. As a key member of the Marketing Operations team, the Manager will have a strong voice in development of customer engagement strategies and work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to facilitate implementation of those strategies. The Manager will directly manage and support the development of two Operations Specialists in fulfilling these responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be both a strategic thinker and an enthusiastic developer of efficient and scalable processes. You’ll have demonstrated success ensuring smooth, smart operations for complex teams or systems. You’ll bring a love of data and a strong ability to determine which insights actually matter and which are unhelpful noise. You’ll also have great communications skills and comfort working in a fast-paced environment managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Year Up’s mission as the central driver of their work.
The Marketing Operations and Analytics Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
- Manage delivery of marketing support to internal clients, including Program, Corporate Engagement, and Development teams
- Structure and lead meetings to ensure alignment
- Clarify processes and translate between teams as needed to ensure clear setting of expectations
- Track and report on delivery of marketing projects/requests
- Collaborate with IT and other partners as needed to ensure clarity and delivery
- Facilitate marketing team alignment on priorities and deliverables through team meetings and other tactics
- Own management of core team processes and infrastructure, including Zendesk ticketing system, asset management, and shared drive
- Own budget management, tracking, and reporting
- Support marketing leadership in strategy development and priority setting
- Consult on or own additional projects as needs are identified
Reporting & Analytics
- Own putting data at the center of marketing decision-making
- Drive clarification of marketing reporting and analytics needs, collaborating with marketing team members and internal clients to ensure delivery of data that matters in decision-making
- Design, develop, and manage marketing reporting capabilities in accordance with needs, leveraging consultants and other experts as needed
- Consult on strategic initiatives, particularly customer engagement strategies
- Directly manage two Marketing Operations Specialists
- Support and relentlessly develop direct reports in keeping with Year Up’s leadership values and culture
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 3-5 years’ marketing operations experience
- Passion for efficiency and clarity, especially in team processes and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of marketing analytics and ability to identify data that meaningfully informs decision-making
- Strong commitment to mentorship and supporting others’ growth a must; experience managing people directly preferred
- Familiarity with customer journey mapping, marketing automation systems, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Salesforce preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive training program, these young adults complete a unique combination of rigorous, hands-on technical and professional skills training, college credit. and corporate internships.
Consistently voted one of the Best NonProfits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young adults. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website: https://yearup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1039
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.