The Marketing Manager, Lead Generation will make it possible for Year Up’s impact to scale by leading the creation and implementation of national lead generation strategy. 6 million young adults in the United States need the opportunity to launch a career, and 12 million hiring managers need their talent. Help us find and connect them!
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will build Year Up’s lead generation capabilities by assessing our current state, developing strategy, executing implementation, and reporting on results. To accomplish this, you’ll work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, including partner marketing agencies, our internal content development team, and local Admissions and Corporate Engagement staff. A key measure of success in this role will be bringing sufficient prospective students into the top of the funnel to fill a class of 5,000 at the end of 2017.
To be successful in this role, you’ll characterize yourself as a self-starter with demonstrated success in lead generation management. You’ll bring strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, a solid understanding of online and offline lead generation tactics, and a data-driven mindset. You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should also bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Year Up’s mission as the central driver of their work.
The Marketing Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
- Analyze and evaluate current lead generation efforts and opportunities
- Lead development and implementation of national lead generation strategy, including goal-setting, tactics, funnel management, and reporting
- Ensure clear, sensible goals for lead generation are set by site/region
- Clarify approach and process for achieving goals
- Develop strong and diverse selection of tactics, prioritize, test, and measure effectiveness
- Report on effectiveness of lead generation efforts by strategy, tactics, and site/region
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing colleagues, partner marketing agencies, national Program and Corporate Engagement colleagues, and local Admissions and Business Development staff to ensure quality development/implementation of strategy and key stakeholder buy-in
- Additional duties as assigned
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 3-5 years’ lead generation management experience
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to Get Things Done
- Thorough knowledge of marketing solutions for lead generation and management
- Strong analytics background and ability to use data to drive decision-making
- Familiarity with funnel management and journey mapping processes
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Excel, or willingness to skill up quickly
- Familiarity with Marketo and Google analytics preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, particularly when it comes to data analysis
- Understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive training program, these young adults complete a unique combination of rigorous, hands-on technical and professional skills training, college credit. and corporate internships.
Consistently voted one of the Best NonProfits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young adults. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website: https://yearup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1040
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.