Is there a way to run a report on templates to find the last time they were used?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to run a report on templates to find the last time they were used?

I'm cleaning up and organizing our design studio but it's hard to find the last used by date for templates. Is there an easier way to find this information?

4 REPLIES 4
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to run a report on templates to find the last time they were used?

I don't think there's a report for this, even if you do find assets that are old, you can't unapprove them if they are in use, you will get this error:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 23.29.56.png

A good place to look and see if any templates aren't being used at all, you should click Templates within the Landing Page section.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 23.31.08.png

The report on the right will tell you if it's used by any assets, look for the Used By Pages column, anything with a 0 and it Approved, can be Unapproved.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 23.33.45.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to run a report on templates to find the last time they were used?

Brilliant, thank you!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jolene,

Adding to Frank's response, there isn't a view where you can see a last "Used by" date on a template. Instead you have to look at the individual asset pages and the program that they exist in. It will be a timely process, but I would suggest sorting by the last updated date on the "Templates" page. Sort Ascending so the earliest templates show up first. I would imagine these have the highest likelihood of not being in use anymore.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 3.52.31 PM.png

I would then go into the used by tab on the individual template page.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 3.50.09 PM.png

Then I would go into each asset and the program and check the Created Date.

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 3.59.58 PM.png

Unfortunately I think this is the most methodical way of cleaning up templates, although it definitely is tedious. Hopefully you aren't dealing with a large number of templates.

Good luck!

Nate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very helpful and thank you for the quick reply. Thank you so much!