4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 11:55 AM by b6c7a055df6034c3d40a709bd5cef064ebf4c072

Renewal Reminders based on specific time cadence

This may be either really obvious and I'm looking for the ketchup bottle right in front of my face or it's not possible.

Here's what we want to do. Most of this is for background. I am only stuck near the end.

We want to send an email out to customers and have them select when they would like to be notified of their renewal (30 days, 45 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc.).

I have that part down. Let's assume that choice will populate a field on their contact record just to frame this question.

What our team wants to then do is send out a reminder email based on THAT choice. So, the idea would be that Marketo will know to send an email 30 days before someone's renewal if that was their selection (or 45 days or 60 days, etc.).

That is the part I am stuck on.

Any way to do that?

Alternatively, I thought if the field could somehow populate the date to send. So, if their renewal is January 1st, it would put December 1 in the field and then we would somehow have a program running to send on that date.

So two questions:

1) What's the best way (or only way) to record their choice?

2) Is there a way (and if so, how) to have Marketo use their choice to send out the renewal email reminder?

Thank you in advance.