LinkedIn Post > https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/225595462
This new and exciting role will join our dynamic Corporate Sales and Marketing team headquartered in our SF office although the candidate can be located in any of our ports – New York City, Long Beach, San Diego, Marina Del Ray or Newport Beach. The Marketo Admin should be a technology rock¬star who thinks like a marketer and has the passion and the capabilities to help build and run the technology foundation that drives our marketing efforts.
You are biased towards technology, process and data. You have an unflappable attitude and a great sense of humor. You know how to get things done and have fun doing it. You are more left brain yet have a developed right brain. You have experience working with marketing automation, CRM and digital marketing systems that drive successful marketing campaigns. You are a creative, analytical and operational thinker, naturally curious and interested in creating new best in class marketing methods and processes.
You will help administer our marketing automation platform and help integrate SFDC and other corporate systems. You are organized, bordering on obsessive, and love to build and streamline. You are proficient in creating, optimizing and sending emails that get opened and clicked, creating and optimizing landing pages and forms that converted and cleaning, segmenting and maintaining data. You know your way around SFDC and can follow a lead from creation to booked business and decipher what channel it originated from, when and by whom. You can build reports that show email and channel performance.
This position reports into the Marketing Operations Manager.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the technology, data and tracking points across sales and marketing systems, channels and assets.
- In collaboration with Creative and Channel teams, as well as 3rd party vendors, build and constantly test Marketo programs that achieve the goals and objectives of the campaign - correct assets, copy, images, CTA, data collection and tracking points.
- Ensure the highest data quality using tactics such as data enrichment, data clean-up, accurate list load and deduplication services/programs.
- Develop and execute segmentation across database(s).
- Assist with creation, deployment and management of weekly emails.
- Assist with the development of landing pages / optimize to enhance user experience and conversion.
- Optimize email channel as well as other strategic channels as directed.
- Continually applying best practices to our marketing automation platform and marketing operations.
- Help with gathering program and campaign data and turning analytics into business insights.
- Handle high volume requests each week while delivering high quality work.
- Five+ years of professional experience, with most of that in demand generation or marketing disciplines in an agency or corporate marketing team.
- At least two years of daily use of a marketing automation platform, preferably Marketo, other enterprise systems like Pardot, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc welcome.
- At least a year of experience administering a marketing automation platform, preferably Marketo, as the Admin and owner of the system.
- Experience with a platform/production environment of at least one major email service provider (Gmail or Outlook).
- Familiar with Salesforce.com, you consider yourself a Power User or could step in as Admins when needed.
- Proficient in deploying emails.
- Proficient in loading lists.
- Documented success running A/B and/or multivariate tests.
- Active knowledge of SQL and database management.
- Excel and Google Sheets ninja.
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus.
- Experience marketing in both B2B and B2C markets a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline such as Marketing or Finance.
- High emotional intelligence, rock star attitude.
- Independent and collaborative with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and methodical with a desire to test, learn and iterate.
- Strong presentation and communication skills > ability to articulate complex workflows, dependencies, solutions and tradeoffs with a smile.
- Obvious initiative, attention to detail and follow-through tendencies.