Sr. Product Marketing Manager
at Puppet, Inc.
Summary of Role
As a product marketing manager at Puppet, you will be part of a team that is redefining the way businesses deliver great software faster than ever.
You will be responsible for positioning Puppet’s products based on a clear understanding of our products and services, market needs, and competitive dynamics. You will work closely with the marketing team to create compelling demand generation programs, with the product management and marketing teams to take our products to market, with customer success to help customers excel, and with sales to increase the velocity of our business.
- You are creative, articulate, influential, and engaging, with a proven track record of success marketing software and services.
- You get the value of helping businesses deploy better software, faster. You understand how software is built and deployed.
- You are constantly improving, experimenting, and trying to be a better marketer. You love to learn.
- You take ownership of problems and take on big challenges.
- You have a deep understanding of your product and business and are a vocal advocate of how to make both better.
- You are honest, direct, and professional. You are ambitious, but you know how to earn your opportunities, not create them.
- You know how to prioritize your work and the initiatives you champion.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment where every day brings new challenges and the need to intelligently adapt.
- You get it done.
- At least 5 years of product marketing or related experience in enterprise software, ideally with experience in the DevOps or security/compliance software.
- Ability to travel. You will spend time at industry events, and working directly with prospects and customers.
- BA or BS.
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
We’re building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement. That’s why we hire carefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity, and adaptability.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 30,000 companies — including more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 — use Puppet’s open source and commercial solutions to achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. We power companies including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.