Field Marketing Manager
at Puppet, Inc.
Summary of Role
Are you the kind of marketer who loves connecting marketing to sales? Do you relish the challenge of driving campaigns that deliver qualified leads to sales? Can you keep tabs on the details but also focus on the bigger picture?
We’re looking for a Field Marketing Manager who is excited by the opportunity to impact the overall success of Puppet and lead business growth in the US. We’re an organization that values your creativity, intelligence, and curiosity. Come be part of a team that measures success by how much customers love our products.
This position is responsible driving innovative and strategic field marketing programs in the west region of North America. You would be responsible for pipeline creation results and driving account based marketing efforts for additional revenue opportunities. The Field Marketing Manager works collaboratively with other go-to-market teams including Marketing, Sales and Product.
- In this role, you will report to the Sr. Field Marketing Manager. You will work together to create an overall strategic marketing plan for the sales region and executing on the tactical demand generation plan.
- Help develop field marketing programs or tools that help gain/retain new customers and grow existing customers to deliver growth across key customer segments
- Drive sales partnerships. Earn trust and maintain strong relationships with Field Sales, Pre-sales, and TSE teams to support their goals, increase engagement with marketing and drive program support.
- Improve and iterate on existing lead generation programs, funnel processes and efficiencies, and continuously experiment with more efficient ways to convert incoming and existing leads
- Collaborate with sales, product marketing and partner teams to build an agreed upon field campaigns and programs roadmap and ensuring sales is integrated into the efforts.
- Proactively partner and engage with the inside sales team to optimize lead workflow, ensuring the delivery of highly qualified leads, allowing for seamless interactions with those prospects.
- 5-7 years marketing experience in a high growth technology environment
- 5+ years of ROI focused marketing experience, including field marketing preferably in a B2B environment (technology/software industry is preferred).
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated marketing practices and measurements across digital, direct and outbound programs; prefer hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms (Marketo in particular)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with proven project management abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Understands the leverage of simple, clearly written plans and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact in a group or team setting including face-to-face, by virtual meetings, VOIP or any other means.
- Ability for domestic travel up to 50%
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
We’re building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement. That’s why we hire carefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity, and adaptability.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 30,000 companies — including more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 — use Puppet’s open source and commercial solutions to achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. We power companies including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.