SOLVED

If someone unsubscribes in the middle of the flow will they receive any further emails from the flow?

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

If someone unsubscribes in the middle of the flow will they receive any further emails from the flow?

Hi Everyone,

I may be losing my mind but I just need some reassurance.  I am pretty positive someone will not receive further emails.

Question:

If someone unsubscribes in the middle of the flow will they receive any further emails from the flow?  Lets say a flow sends out two emails and after the first email send the lead unsubscribes.  Will they receive the second email?  In other words does Marketo check to see if they are unsubscribed all the time or just at the start of the flow?

Thanks ahead of time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: If someone unsubscribes in the middle of the flow will they receive any further emails from the flow?

Hi Nate,

Indeed, Marketo checks unsubscribes each time you run a "send email" flow step. So of the remaining emails in the flow are not operational emails, the leads who unsubscribed in the middle of a flow will not receive remaining emails.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: If someone unsubscribes in the middle of the flow will they receive any further emails from the flow?

Hi Nate,

Indeed, Marketo checks unsubscribes each time you run a "send email" flow step. So of the remaining emails in the flow are not operational emails, the leads who unsubscribed in the middle of a flow will not receive remaining emails.

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Thanks!  I thought I wasn't losing my mind.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Nate,

Please pay attention that Marketo may not control the unsubscribe in 2 situations:

• If the next emails are operational
  • If someone unchecked the "block non-operational emails" in the qualification rules:

pastedImage_2.png

-Greg