You can use the filter "not lead was created in timeframe today". That will mean that only leads created before today will execute the flow step.
So use the smart list: filled out form & not lead was created in timeframe today
and the flow: send alert
Hi Devraj, thanks for your response.
The trick is that I don't use marketo forms on my website. They are custom built Ajax forms leveraging the Marketo token, which I don't believe allows me to use as a trigger.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
If the forms use the REST API to upsert the lead, that still creates activities in the ActLog (just not literal Filled Out Form activities).
Of course, using the REST API instead of the Forms API here is highly questionable because it makes all this stuff less straightforward, with no overall benefit (and with a DoS vulnerability to boot).
3 of 3 people found this helpful
You can still use a trigger, just use fills out form. You can apply the appropriate constraints to the trigger. Then, as Devraj mentioned, you can apply a filter for the lead create date. Because we had Salesforce before we had Marketo, the "Created At" is different (i.e. more recent) than our "Sales Created Date" for many leads. When we use a lead create filter, we usually use "Created At" because this is when the lead was created in Marketo. Hopefully that helps!
Hi Sara, thanks for your response.
Hi Pierre Lintzer,
Try this out....
- Create a custom text field titled something like "Form Submission Code."
- Add this field to the form as a hidden field and make the default value a code specific to this form.
- Example: Say the form was for a Market Research Report , I'd populate that hidden field with "marketResearchReport"
- On your post form Smart Campaign, add a 'Data Value Changed' trigger. Use the form specific code from the previous step as your 'New Value' constraint.
- Example (continued): the 'New Value' constraint would be "marketResearchReport"
This process can be used for as many forms as you need since it Triggers off of a field being updated. Simply use a unique code for each form.
Hope that helps!