The Demand Generation Marketing Director will be responsible for creating, implementing, monitoring, measuring, and reporting on marketing programs and processes to generate and qualify leads. This manager will be responsible for the North and South American regions. The primary focus of this role is to generate demand from mid-to-enterprise-sized leads. Responsibilities include working with marketing automation and CRM systems to manage lead input, track campaign results, analyze data, and improve processes. A good understanding of best practices in the capture, tracking, qualifying, segmenting and reporting on leads is essential.
The selected candidate must be self-directed, collaborate well with colleagues, take initiative, and manage numerous projects simultaneously. We are looking for someone with critical thinking skills who can dive into the details to get things done with a “can do” attitude.
This position is your opportunity to work with a small and nimble team, learn and improve your skills, and measurably contribute to the growth of a profitable company in a very hot industry (Internet of Things). If your experience and skills align with this description, please get in touch with us. We want to hear from you!
Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our Silicon Valley, CA office.
- Manage day-to-day execution of demand generation planning efforts and strategy
- Producing lead generation goals and forecasts while setting the budget
- Implement content marketing strategy and digital advertising initiatives
- Continually monitor and assess campaigns and program performance and make recommendations
- Generate, nurture, qualify and track leads through online campaigns including content marketing, SEO/SEM, webinars, advertising and content syndication
- Setup and configure Marketo marketing automation
- Manage lead nurturing program using Marketo
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to track leads in the pipeline.
- Coordinate with Sales and Partner Sales team to integrate direct marketing programs with sales calling efforts
- Test landing pages and emails to improve conversion rates
- Create new campaigns and optimize existing campaigns based on campaign results and effectiveness
- Develop and maintain annual plan and budget to meet the goals and objectives
- Track, measure and report on key performance indicators, including spend, ROI, net new lead creation, conversion rates, and cost-per-acquisition for all programs and channels.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in demand and lead generation in B2B software, preferably SaaS companies
- Small company experience is a must
- Experience with Marketo and Salesforce CRM is required
- 2 – 3 years of direct email marketing experience to different vertical segments and mid-to-large buyers throughout the funnel
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on, demonstrable experience and proficiency with marketing automation platforms, Google Analytics, and CRM systems
- Experience with Offline and online marketing programs (email mktg, online and offline advertising, events, etc.)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization
- Experience with marketing to multiple Buyer Personas.
- Experience with lead nurturing and managing a lead nurturing program
- Proficient in Microsoft® Excel
- Experience in a SaaS-based software industry is preferred
- Ideal candidate is a tenacious problem-solver with a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, can adjust quickly to changing demands, pays attention to detail, and drives projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong writing skills are preferred, but not required
When applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
- Names of CRM systems you have experience with and the number of years of experience for each system.
- Names of Marketing Automation systems you have experience with and the number of years of experience for each system.
- The names of the industries in which you have B2B marketing experience and the number of years of experience in each industry.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience with Fleet Management Solutions, fleet telematics or enterprise mobility solutions is a big plus.
To be considered, email Nancie Tatum, (FleetUp recruiting) at: email@example.com