Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring: Firmagraphic vs Engagement scores

As we know, Total Lead Score = Firmagraphic Score + Engagement score

Here's a situation:

pastedImage_1.png

Scenario 1: High Firmagraphic Lead Score

Scenario 2: High Engagement Lead Score

While the TOTAL Lead Score is less in Scenario 2, it still shows high level of engagement.

Can we partition/categorize lists based on Firmagraphic and Engagement scores separately because total lead score could be misleading. This way one would not "sideline" even a lesser lead score (as in Scenario 2)

I want to discuss how we can create a LEAD SCORING MODEL that takes both these scenarios into account

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Scoring: Firmagraphic vs Engagement scores

Hey Shashank,

An approach I've used in the past is the concept of Lead Grading. You would give the Firmagraphic a grade of A - F based on point thresholds and Engagement 1 - 5 based on it's own thresholds. That way it is easier to identify where a lead is at in terms of being qualified. It also gives you the ability to easily considered leads 'qualified' based on different criteria.

For example, an A4 lead and an F2 lead would seem similar based on strictly lead score. However, when 'graded' you can easily communicate that A4 is great on paper, but not engaged. While F2 is highly engaged, but doesn't look like a likely buyer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks like a good approach as it doesn't solely rely on numbers. How has this approach paid off in terms of SQLs and conversions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brent, from what I assume, Marketo doesnt allow Alpha-Numeric lead grading?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shashank Shalabh​ out of the box it doesn't, but it is pretty easily to implement.

1) Create a Firmagrahic Grade Field & an Engagement Grade Field

2) Create a smart campaign to edit Firmagraphic Grade based on score thresholds.

• Example: If Score Changes and is 11-20 change value to C, if 21-30 change value to B, etc

2) Do the same for Behavioral

In reply to your question about SQLs and conversions...there wasn't much of a process in place before that to compare to. However, the communication was much easier. We were able to say if a lead is this code (A2, B1, whatever) then this is who the lead is, the amount of engagement they've taken, and their estimated likeleness to buy. It was easily understood by the sales team and adopted.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I have used firmographic score, engagement score and lead score, three separate fields.  I also, only allow the firmographic score to be no higher than 30 % of the total lead score.  I have also built the lead lifecycle to separate out what is a score purely from firmographic and what is behavioral.  In some cases, I have date stamped when someone reach an engagement score above zero i.e. they are alive.  So there are multiple ways to pull the data that you are looking for by looking at peoples score and the  life cycle stage that they are in. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jessica, that sounds good. Would be great if we can discuss this in detail!