Landing Page Template Hacks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page Template Hacks

Hi Everyone,

I've recently been playing around with guided landing pages and getting them to look and work exactly how I would like. Having customised a few of the Marketo template landing pages in the editor, I started to see a few elements I wanted to change. Adjust an image to a video, create additional sections etc.

When looking into the template HTML editor, I found it quite easy to simply change the 'div class' to a different element.

From

<div class="mktoImg alignleft" id="section5Image" mktoName="Section 5 Image" mktoImgClass="expandToFit" style="max-width:466px;"></div>

Change to

<div class="mktoVideo alignleft" id="section5Video" mktoName="Section 5 Video" mktoVideoClass="expandToFit" style="max-width:466px;"></div>

With this, I was now able to select a video instead of an image when creating a web page in the editor. One issue I came across was that in the mobile version the videos didn't align correctly (as shown in the image below). I was wondering if anyone with HTML design experience would have any suggestion? Has anyone developed a 'Hackers Guide to Landing Page Templates?' Keen to discuss this further.

pastedImage_5.png

The full HTML code of the section adjusted is below. (Template 15B)

<!-- /Section 2 -->

<!-- ********** BLUE SECTION - PICTON ********** -->

<div class="section3">

<div id="picton">

<div class="row nopadding">

<div class="col-md-6 col-sm-6 col-lg-6 pull-left of">

<div class="mktoVideo alignleft" id="section3Video" mktoName="Section 3 Video" mktoVideoClass="expandToFit" style="max-width:466px; min-width:466px;"></div>

</div>

<div class="col-md-5 col-lg-5 col-sm-5">

<div class="mktoText" id="section3CaptionTitle" mktoName="Section 3 Caption Title">

<h4>Multiple Templates Options</h4>

</div>

<div class="mktoText" id="section3Text" mktoName="Section 3 Text">

<p>Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.</p>

<p>Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.</p>

<p>It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.</p>

</div>

<p class="mt"><a href="${section3ButtonLink}">

<button class="btn btn-white btn-theme">${section3ButtonLabel}</button>

</a></p>

</div>

</div>

<!--row -->

</div>

<!--/Picton -->

</div>

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing Page Template Hacks

Partial fix found. By adjusting the minimum width size of the video it now will fit a mobile screen. I used min-width:300px to account for the biggest variety of screen sizes.

<div class="mktoVideo alignleft" id="section3Video" mktoName="Section 3 Video" mktoVideoClass="expandToFit" style="max-width:466px; min-width:300px;"></div>

MarketoVideo Hack.png

The main classes you can use are:

mktoVideo

mktoImg

mktoForm

I'll post more findings as they come up.

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hi Travis,

It's a bit hard to give you tips on a fix if I can't see the live version.

My recommendation would be to try media queries for your class as I guess your div has a class .alignleft that you'd want to make changes to when screens are under approx. 480px in width. Although best case might be to add a new class that you just style for media queries.

Would also add a margin-top to it to be able to space it down a bit from the "Sign up now" button.

If you have a live link I could check it out.

/Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Erik, I'll look into the media queries as well as adding the mobile class. Below is a sample or the landing page I've bee testing. Videos now fit in a mobile view. My HTML skills are pretty basic at the moment but appreciate the tips!

http://go.healthshare.com.au/lp-12btest.html

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hi again,

I looked into it and it seems like the two have a bit different classes:

@media (max-width: 400px)

.cf_videoshare_container, .cf_videoshare_wrap, iframe, .mktoVideo {

width: 100% !important;

margin: 0 auto;

/* padding-left: 10px; */

padding-right: 10px;

}

I changed the width of this class when inspecting to 100% !important on @media (max-width: 400px)

The only issue is that the two were reversed in terms of which looked good, one looked good with padding-left: 10px only (the second one) and the other with only padding-right: 10px (the first one).

This actually looked better switching from 10px to 2% (works better across different screen sizes):

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

As you can see if I make the first one look nice in Mobile it messes up the second one. All this can be fixed by referring to them with a different class or id in the CSS.

Just giving you an example for experimenting.

/Erik