Hi Sean - Were you able to resolve the issue? We (Bedrock Data) have been working with many Marketo-Sugar customers lately as we have a third party connector which leverages the Marketo & Sugar APIs for a more robust connection.
Some of the areas we've been helping Marketo-Sugar customers include:
1. More reliable than the native connector
2. Bi directional to handle leads originating in both Marketo & Sugar (de-duplicate)
3. Greater workflow functionality - control different sync rules by product, line of business or region, for example
4. Additional capabilities like multi-value picklists, creation of contacts in Sugar to meet your business process
If this is something I can assist with just let me know, I'm Zak@BedrockData.com
A little more info here Sean. Published this article highlighting common scenarios we are solving with the Bedrock Data connector for Marketo & SugarCRM. Highlights are:
1. Sync every 5 minutes
2. Bi directional Sync (De-duplicate in both directions, control what syncs in both directions)
3. Sync multi-select fields from Sugar and build smart lists in Marketo
4. Create contacts in Sugar
5. Sync back opportunity for Marketo RCA for SugarCRM
Here's the article:
Let me know if you'd like any more info.