Viewing field labels not field name in list view

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewing field labels not field name in list view

When in a list view, is it possible to view your field labels rather than the Marketo field name.  For example, let's say I use a field called Field01 on a survey.  On the form, I'll change the label of Field01, to something like a question I want the reader to answer, eg "Please rate the event presenter".  As I add more questions, I will change the label names on each addtional field, eg Field02, Field03 etc. 

When it's time for me to review the survey results, I want to be able to see the label names on the list view page rather than the field name since I won't remember what Field01, Field 02, Field03 is referencing.

Does anyone have a solution?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Viewing field labels not field name in list view

I think there's no option to display the columns as the friendly names( i.e. "Please rate the event presenter"). All you get is "create a view" with API names(Field01, Field02 and so on...). Though you can rename the custom fields but that would require removing their use from the System(that is removing their use from forms, smart campaigns etc) You can still find out what Field01, Field02 means by exporting a spreadsheet. I do hope there's a better way to get around this.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Viewing field labels not field name in list view

Hi Alok, thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, what gets displayed in list views are the Friendly Labels, which I've referred to as 'field name' in original post.  What I would like to view and be able to export are the field labels that I edited on forms. 

Apologies, if I'm confusing you with my terminology, here is the link to the field label I would like to be able to retrieve from Marketo (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LH30CAG)

Thanks