Marketing Operations Associate (San Francisco, CA) Join a high-growth edtech company with a vision to improve the way the world learns! BrightBytes improves learning for millions of students globally through the use of learning analytics and industry research. The company's flagship product, called Clarity, is an online platform that gives educational leaders everything they need to make faster, better decisions in schools. More than 10% of U.S. schools use Clarity, and hundreds more purchase the platform every week.
BrightBytes is a mission-driven organization founded by educational practitioners, education researchers and industry experts who care deeply about the education space. One of the founders is Rob Mancabelli, an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of educational leadership and the co-author of the award-winning book, Personal Learning Networks. BrightBytes hires mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.
The BrightBytes Marketing Operations Associate will lead the operationalization and development of marketing and customer success programs with the goal of streamlining and scaling the work of these teams to generate more upsell/cross-sell opportunities and creating a robust marketing automation system. The Marketing Operations Associate will manage the systems and tools that support lead generation and customer engagement.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, Conference & Events Manager, and Customer Success to create marketing and engagement campaigns (emails, webinars, landing pages, etc.) for new lead generation and lead nurturing.
- Scale email communication by working with Design to create templates for each marketing use case.
- Work with the Marketing Director and Director of Marketing & Sales Operations to build out Marketo in ways that leverage the data in Salesforce.
- Utilize Marketo to design predictive marketing programs, get feedback on designed-programs, and present results to the Marketing Director and Customer Success Managers.
- Implement key Marketo programs including lead scoring, lead nurture (basic and advanced), Marketo Sales Insight, Revenue Cycle Model, MQL development and process, and social media applications.
- Track ROI, opportunity pipeline, and engagement of current customers and prospects for all marketing and engagement campaigns and build Marketo and Salesforce reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of the business.
- Ensure fidelity of marketing and engagement data in Marketo and Salesforce.
- Make recommendations on improvements to lead scoring and lead nurture based on Marketo analytics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in marketing automation, leads processing (including lead scoring), marketing database, and CRM management
- Hands-on experience working with marketing and CRM technologies Marketo and Salesforce
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Advanced data analysis skills: you’ve worked with large data sets and have used Salesforce and Excel to provide insights and make recommendations
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Able to develop productive working relationships across marketing, sales, customer success, and product
- Excellent planning and project management
- Excellent prioritization skills. Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Highly driven and self-motivated for a fast-paced startup environment
- Education experience: you’ve worked in schools and know the lingo, either as a teacher, school operations, or central office staff (strongly preferred)