Trigger queue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger queue

Is there any way to create a queue? We have 9 different behaviors you could do which would give you relevant content. The issue is, what happens if someone does a handful of them? After the first one launches what's the best way to create a queue? We have them all in different programs. My thought was to give the programs scores but you can't add scores up. So if you qualify for multiple programs how do you order them so they get the ones they qualified first and the next one when its time but in order?

5 REPLIES 5
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Trigger queue

use the request campaign flow action and use the campaign is requested trigger + filters using a waterfall method.

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Kelly,

Jim Thao​'s got it. Here's some elaboration:

We had something similar and we built a sorting program with cascading smart lists. First thing you do is build the 9 smart lists - one for each behavior. Then you build a smart campaign - triggers and timing will be up to you, perhaps it is triggering off of the first action and then waiting for a period of time. In the flow of the smart campaign you'll have a single step (I guess in this case it would be 'Request Campaign' to send to the different follow-up programs) with 9 different choices. You can then order the choices in by the ranking of your actions. Here's one of my examples:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.

So if a lead does something that puts them in multiple campaigns... How would you flow them in the order they did the actions? i.e. getting one a week?

David_Gaible
Level 7

I'd get around it by funneling all leads into this one program - that way they can only be in one campaign at once. Campaigns then can have logic to push to other campaigns.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Good ideas.

There is something called a Traffic Cop, which can be looked at through a search here. It is way to manage which lead should be routed to a set of programs. Pretty much works as above, however, that's the term most of the people here will know and help with.