SOLVED

Lead Lifecycle Campaign Setup

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Lifecycle Campaign Setup

We have an active revenue model set up that includes triggers to listen for certain data value changes to move leads along the funnel. 

I have two questions to make sure I have everything set up correctly:

1. I am setting up an operational lead lifecycle campaign to date stamp custom fields to measure velocity and capture lead lifecycle stage.  Do I need to include the flow to "change revenue stage"?  I just checked the success path analyzer and confirmed that leads are moving through the funnel as the inflow and outflow numbers are changing.  Is that flow step used more for external monitoring?  Such as if a lead skips a funnel stage and needs to be moved into another stage.

2. This is general community question, what parameters do you use to remove leads from your funnel?  Such as if a lead unsubscribes for example?  I'd like to get others input.

Thank you,

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead Lifecycle Campaign Setup

Correct to the first question. 

The way that I set it up is to use transition rules  triggered on program status change of the lead life cycle program externally.  If program status is changed new status is X old status is Y. 

You still have to have transition rules in the model, but it is listening to what's happening in the lead lifecycle external program. 

Here's a link to a blog that describes this method. 

http://digitalpi.com/2016/04/marketo-revenue-lifecycle-modeling-done-rightpart-3-of-4-how-to-build-a...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jessica_Kao3

If you are actually using the lead life cycle to move folks through different stages then you will not need to use the flow set change revenue stage.  I personally prefer to set up a program and use flow steps to move people from revenue stage to revenue stage as that gives me a lot more control and I have the lead life cycle listen to changes in the progression steps of of that program to move people through the model. 

What you have set up sounds fine for date stamping. 

If someone unsubscribes, I drop their score and they go back to sitting in the stage where lead score = zero no activity. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Jessica! 

Just to clarify, you just set up your revenue model and then manage lead flow through smart campaigns externally in a lead lifecycle program?

I was under the impression these had to be built into the transition rules of the model. 

Do you know of any implications if I move our transition rules to the lead lifecycle campaigns?  Is there any effect on our current revenue model or it's members?

Jessica_Kao3

Correct to the first question. 

The way that I set it up is to use transition rules  triggered on program status change of the lead life cycle program externally.  If program status is changed new status is X old status is Y. 

You still have to have transition rules in the model, but it is listening to what's happening in the lead lifecycle external program. 

Here's a link to a blog that describes this method. 

http://digitalpi.com/2016/04/marketo-revenue-lifecycle-modeling-done-rightpart-3-of-4-how-to-build-a...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Jessica!  I'll take a look at the resource.