SOLVED

Collateral Tracking for Conferences

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collateral Tracking for Conferences

To cut down on printing/shipping costs, as well as to better track customer/prospect access to collateral (e.g. data sheets), we want to create a landing page with links to the assets for a conference.

QUESTION: is there an easy way to track WHO downloaded WHAT from this landing page? We want to avoid registering for each asset each time if possible.

For example: customer/prospect visits the landing page, completes a form (e.g email address at minimum), then we can track which assets were selected to download (could be one or more assets).

Any help/guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks.

-Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Collateral Tracking for Conferences

Be sure to post to Products, not Marketing Central (you can move the post to the other space).

The answer is: this already works!  As long as the the session is as associated with the lead (which will be the case when they fill out eh form) then each click will be a Clicked Link on Web Page activity for the lead.  Just make sure all your asset links have target="_blank" on them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Be sure to post to Products, not Marketing Central (you can move the post to the other space).

The answer is: this already works!  As long as the the session is as associated with the lead (which will be the case when they fill out eh form) then each click will be a Clicked Link on Web Page activity for the lead.  Just make sure all your asset links have target="_blank" on them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm: for example, my landing page will have 5 links to different data sheets stored in Marketo. If each link includes target="_blank" at the end, the tracking will work from a single registration form when entering the landing page at the start? If so, then this solves the problem.

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, the nature of Marketo's web activity tracking is that once the (essentially permanent) Munchkin cookie is associated with a lead in your db, all tracked activities go into that lead's Activity Log.  The _blank is only necessary to deal with a Munchkin bug, and is outside the overall design.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford! I appreciate the quick responses as well.

-Matt

Archana_Ranjan1
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

I created smart campaign and added step " Clicks link on web page" to track different asset on landing page.

I don't see its working for me, can you please suggest how I should track ? once we add target="_blank" at the end of url .

All these assets on Marketo Landing Page are Marketo links because pdf are save in Marketo.

Appreciate your help.

SanfordWhiteman

If you open a new thread, I'll answer there. Include the URL of your LP.