Custom activity attribute as token?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom activity attribute as token?

Hello Everybody,

I have a question I'd really appreciate your help with.

So i've created a custom activity (let's call it "shop visit") with a bunch of attributes ("visit datestamp", "visit status", etc).

I'm wondering if there's a way I can go beyond using those to trigger a campaign but to use them as tokens to populate an email I'd be sending to a lead, something like:

Hi,
You successfully visited us at {{trigger.visit datestamp}} and your visit was {{trigger.visit status}}

As far as I know there's no way to use custom activities as token to update email copy, but maybe there's a way I can transfer the custom activity attribute values to custom fields in Marketo? Maybe some formula? I don't see a way to do that using email scripting either. And I can't think of a way to do that right now and I'd hate having to populate custom fields via API as it ruins the elegance of the whole solution.

All help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Custom activity attribute as token?

Hi Paul,

AFAIK, no this is not possible, since only custom objects can be used in Velocity scripts, not custom activities.

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Sorry to revive an old thread, but has there been any update on this problem?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Nope. The same applies now, and is a powerful deterrent againt using CAs instead of COs or other methods.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Ugh okay. Was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Jyotsna_Gupta1
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Is there still no way to stamp custom activity attribute value in a Marketo custom field? I could not find a way through REST also. Please advise.

Thanks,

Jyotsna

SanfordWhiteman

Nope.

Barry_ONeil
Level 1

Good afternoon,

A few years from the most recent answer. Are we still not able to write trigger tokens against custom activities?

Thank you!
Barry

SanfordWhiteman

The Primary Attribute value is available as {{trigger.name}}.

Aviral_Jain
Level 2

Unbelievable to see how powerful this feature can be for customers and how oblivious the product teams at Marketo/Adobe are about this.

Loads of other MAPs letting users do this as baseline.