Marketing Operations Manager
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Manager with a strong combination of marketing automation expertise and CRM excellence. She/he should be passionate about marketing operations and interested in leveraging their extensive experience to help create a best in class demand generation operation. Characteristic should include an eye for detail while managing multiple projects and the ability to deliver against aggressive time frames. Demonstrated operations leadership, and the ability to support others in a timely and positive manner, is also critical for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support marketing campaign execution across Marketo and Salesforce, from email sends to list segmentation, lead workflow, and reporting.
- Partner with Sales on lead management process, development and execution, to ensure strategies between marketing platform and CRM meets the needs of Marketing and Sales and provide closed loop reporting on marketing ROI.
- Manage databases. Maintain data cleanliness, list uploads, target segmentation, and touch cadences.
- Ensure that the correct processes are in place to establish meaningful metrics.
- Extrapolate data from online reporting, spreadsheets, and databases; measure marketing campaign performance & recommend changes for improved conversion.
- Apply analytical skills to support the marketing team by identifying new ways to build, score and nurture the sales pipeline and support the growth of the business.
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Identify marketplace trends, tools, and technologies that drive online acquisition and higher quality of leads.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you'll manage the marketing digital marketing infrastructure as you plan, develop, and support comprehensive direct response marketing and promotional campaigns targeted to prospective members to promote Buffini & Company:
- membership services
- content marketing
…while also monitoring campaigns for existing members and clients to improve client retention, maximize lifetime value, upsell products and services, and reach out to past clients to re-engage them.
The Marketing Operations Manager will also:
- Continually adjust campaign targets and develop controls and testing measures to positively influence customer acquisition, retention, up-sells and purchase behaviors.
- Work with the Director to develop, test, refine, rollout and track marketing strategies with attention to incremental ROI, based upon customer segment.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of digital marketing best practices and trends and drive online purchases with built-in up-sell opportunities.
- Use critical thinking and innovation to develop offers and/or messages that compel a response.
- Master and work with Marketo (marketing automation system) to identify various segments in the database including: purchase history; current/past subscribers and members; and develop the target-specific direct response programs ensuring the right offers/messages are going to the right segments.
- Generate, monitor and report analytics on campaign KPIs.
- Plan and develop creative collateral pieces targeted to members and clients to promote events, encourage referrals, re-sell and up-sell membership and subscription programs. This includes direct mail and digital marketing to support Corporate, Coaching, Membership Services, Client Care, Sales and Product Development.
- Contribute to the development of annual marketing plan and budget.
- Coordinate programs, budgets and calendars for the most effective use of marketing resources.
- Serve as a proactive customer service ambassador by representing the Marketing Department in a positive and professional manner.
- Seek out and maintain strong working relationships with all leadership and team members. These relationships will be critical to orient messaging and implement branding initiatives to targeted audiences to generate the best possible return on investment.
While this will require you to be highly analytical, it will also call for creativity and innovation in order to develop targeted campaigns that "speak" to the intended audience and support our leadership position. Additional skills essential for success in this role include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication -- in addition to creating effective marketing messages, you must be a highly articulate self-starter who energizes those around you, can engage in group presentations, interact with internal audiences, collaborate on cross-functional teams, and lead projects.
- Perceptive execution -- you'll strive to take in new insights and knowledge during each project, and apply those learnings to other campaigns.
- Solid organization -- we'll look to you to keep everything on track as you manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- A Marketo Certified Expert is highly desirable, strong experience required.
- Direct marketing experience, including email and postal; demonstrated understanding of control and test methodology
- Demonstrated ability to execute promotions.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- The preferred individual will be a proactive problem solver, exceptional team player and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong creative skills and understanding of the creative process.
- BA/BS degree.
- 10+ years professional marketing experience including email and online programs.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with SalesForce a big plus.