7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 4:13 AM by Grégoire Michel

Problems with Global Variables in Email Editor 2.0 with dynamic content

Tyson Jurgens

Almost ready to submit a ticket but I figure I'd see if anyone here has worked on the same challenges:

We redesigned our email templates to capitalize on the features and functionality of Email Editor 2.0. We created a global color variable for accent text that can be changed in the module UI, and used this to style some <span> tags in some editable <divs>.

When I make these editable <divs> dynamic to change the text for our UK segment, the global color no longer renders.

Our html in the editable div is:

<p style="padding: 0px; color: #898989; font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; margin-bottom: 20px;" class="bodyText">Download <span style="color: ${globalcolor}; font-weight: regular;"><em>An Executive Critique of the Customer Experience </em></span>to push your CX program to the next level. <br />  </p>

When I preview the email in Marketo I see:

2016-10-05_1232.png

When I send a regular test with no lead rendering (just default email Send Sample) I see:

2016-10-05_1235.png

But when I send a test rendered with a lead email address, whether or not that lead is in my default segment or specified segment, I see:

2016-10-05_1239.png

So, question is: has anyone come up against these strange quirks with using Varibales AND Dynamic Content? Is this a known bug or are we approaching this incorrectly? I'm more than happy to swap our the color variable for manual <span> styling, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the variable in the first place for our email design...