SOLVED

When trying to identify Invalid emails in a Smart List, what should I put for the Email Invalid Cause?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When trying to identify Invalid emails in a Smart List, what should I put for the Email Invalid Cause?

I'm trying to clean up our database and delete fake email addresses.

I created a Smart List with the filter Email Invalid = True

This list could contain emails that have hard or soft bounced, correct?

I'd just like to filter out the fake emails, such as g@g.com.

I'm also not sure what to put for Email Invalid Cause.

Could someone assist me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When trying to identify Invalid emails in a Smart List, what should I put for the Email Invalid Cause?

This is not the most efficient way. It's not easy to find fake addresses.

• Create a list of fake addresses based on looking at a list of Bounced addresses or other junk lists
  • Create a smart list that looks at
    • First Name STARTS WITH
    • Last Name STARTS WITH
    • Email Address IS/CONTAINS/STARTS WITH
  • Typically, fake addresses start with numbers and special charaters, then there are the list of bad names, fake@fake.com, etc.  You'll never get this to 100%.
  • Email Invalid=T may or may not help because it is not usually automated. You have to setup automation. So look at Bounced.

I have a list of this stuff if you check my site. May not have the junk list though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When trying to identify Invalid emails in a Smart List, what should I put for the Email Invalid Cause?

This is not the most efficient way. It's not easy to find fake addresses.

• Create a list of fake addresses based on looking at a list of Bounced addresses or other junk lists
  • Create a smart list that looks at
    • First Name STARTS WITH
    • Last Name STARTS WITH
    • Email Address IS/CONTAINS/STARTS WITH
  • Typically, fake addresses start with numbers and special charaters, then there are the list of bad names, fake@fake.com, etc.  You'll never get this to 100%.
  • Email Invalid=T may or may not help because it is not usually automated. You have to setup automation. So look at Bounced.

I have a list of this stuff if you check my site. May not have the junk list though.