SOLVED

Add to Calendar and timezone changes - Help!

Go to solution
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Add to Calendar and timezone changes - Help!

Hi Guys,

I'm creating a webinar to be held in Australia on October 6 at 3:00pm - 3:45pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time).  T

he issue is that my system is set up in Chicago Time CDT (15 Hours behind Australia) which is confusing on its own.  But the clocks in Australia are also moving forward an hour on October 2.

I tried changing my timezone to AEDT in Marketo and then set up the token but Marketo doesn't show that timezone, it only shows AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) which will be one hour behind AEDT from this Sunday. 

Does anyone know what time I should set the Calendar reminder to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gerard

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Add to Calendar and timezone changes - Help!

I suspect that if you set AEST, the local computers will adjust on Oct 2 properly. Remember that timezones are standard and only local rules make it AEDT vs. AEST. I'm sure your computer has those rules and auto fixes times.

You could test this on your computer if you download the ICS and adjust your computer's clocks to match the conditions.

You should also  consider that

• Put the real time in the invite and ICS name
  • better to assign the ICS timezone to CDT and let the lead's computer figure it out from there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I suspect that if you set AEST, the local computers will adjust on Oct 2 properly. Remember that timezones are standard and only local rules make it AEDT vs. AEST. I'm sure your computer has those rules and auto fixes times.

You could test this on your computer if you download the ICS and adjust your computer's clocks to match the conditions.

You should also  consider that

• Put the real time in the invite and ICS name
  • better to assign the ICS timezone to CDT and let the lead's computer figure it out from there.
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks Josh, This is very helpful.