email validation feature - entering a fake or free email address

Anonymous
Not applicable

email validation feature - entering a fake or free email address

Hi,

I need your help with something: We want an email validation feature that is preventing the lead from entering a fake or free email address (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) in Marketo forms.

I couldn’t find yet any external provider who can do it in real-time, only after (e.g EmailHippo, Kickbox).

If you can’t do both, is there an option only for this case: if I will enter in the Marketo form the following email: guyalgo@gmail.com, there will be an error message, asking me to enter company email only?

I’ve seen a post of someone who wrote a Validation script to prevent from Bots filling in forms (the form will not submit). I wonder if we create a validation script for case if the email address contains specific keywords (e.g. test, gmail, yahoo, etc.)?

Best,

Guy

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: email validation feature - entering a fake or free email address

Why do you want to stop people from downloading your content? Some people only use gmail/yahoo/outlook, so instead of letting them learn about you or get your trial, you are causing friction and will most likely cause them to abandon the process. What is more important: clean email addresses or leads looking to learn about and possibly buy your product?

If you must do this, you will need to write some custom Javascript:

P.S. Bots don't respect JavaScript, so any validation written to deter them will most likely not work.