Syncing Marketo to SFDC Developer Edition

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Syncing Marketo to SFDC Developer Edition

This is probably a silly question, but before I spend more time trying to troubleshoot things, I figured I'd ask and then bow away in shame

I'm trying to connect Marketo to the Developer Edition of SFDC I got as part of Trailhead. Mostly to play around with getting things set up and testing how it works with the sync (specifically for MSI purposes); however, I get here and am stuck:

pastedImage_1.png

Basically, to assign a new user, I need to select Salesforce as the "User License" and the option to do so doesn't appear. Is this a limitation of the Trailhead dev environment?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Syncing Marketo to SFDC Developer Edition

I thought the Dev instance doesn't really let you do things like this. Could be wrong.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

That's my worry, as well. I'm hoping my nightmares haven't been confirmed! Seems silly they'd let me get this far and then put the brakes on.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jenn,

• Dev edition have a very limited number of SFDC users (2 if my memories are accurate). You will rather need to use an existing user.
  • Functionally speaking, dev editions are similar to enterprise editions, so you should not have a problem with the integration itself

Important: once you have connected your Marketo instance to that dev one, it will not be possible to connect your Marketo instance to any other SFDC instance. If you discard your SFDC Dev Instance, the Marketo instance will be disconnected for ever.

-Greg