I'm finding issues on PURLS going back to 2014 with little resolve.
I'm working on an internal program where an alert is sent to a rep with a link that needs to tie information on a corresponding form to a lead record. I'm trying to accomplish this using PURLs instead of shoving a ton of info in URL parameters.
Basically: Alert to rep > Rep clicks link > Link goes to page with form > Form populates info on lead record > ???? > Profit
Oh, so many problems using PURLs.
- I've tried plane-jane style and it prefers the cookie, which we all know about.
- I've tried setting the _mkto_trk cookie to expire upon onSuccess, which doesn't work
- I've tried removing Munchkin. Marketo adds it back in
- I've tried expiring the lead and refreshing the page (with the same PURL code) and the info goes away
- I've tried expiring the lead and sending to a new page. A new cookie is created and, upon return to a PURL, the info is blank
If I manually delete the cookie and then hit the PURL, it works. If I then hit refresh, my lead info no longer appears on the page. The _mkto_tok remains unchanged.
Right now, if I even hit Refresh, the info goes away.
Thinking about this from a customer POV, how would this work for people with shared computers, such as in many healthcare organizations?
When will Marketo fix PURLs so they can be used the way they're intended? These are supposed to make life easier for a person who, over the past 10+ years, has been expected to utilize 3+ devices to connect to their daily life.