Empty Field in Email but not Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Empty Field in Email but not Landing Page

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help.

We have a Form on an external page that captures booking dates for a restaurant.

The confirmation landing page after the form is completed shows all the fields, however in the program it sends an email to customer service and a confirmation email to the client. The problem is that the Date Field is empty in these emails. All other fields are captured and all the fields are visible and correct in the landing page.

Secondly to this, when I send a Sample Email, the date is pulled in from the database correctly.

I am at a serious loss here...

Help

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Empty Field in Email but not Landing Page

you might want to put a brief wait step before you send out the confirmation.  Perhaps the form data has not yet committed to the database when the triggered email goes out.  Like a 1 minute delay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamie

That was my thought too. I have a 10 second wait step.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Form data commits are synchronous w/r/t Filled Out Form activities and subsequent emails. Wait step not necessary.

Furthermore... the form data should be committed in one atomic block. So even if there were a bug w/db commit timing it wouldn't affect one field and not others.

The problem lies elsewhere, whatever it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same issue.  We have students filling out a form to schedule a campus visit.  The date field for the date of their visit is filled in at the time they fill out the form, yet the date is not appearing in their confirmation email.  The last one that we had go out correctly occurred at 5:18pm on Thursday, Sept 15th.  The next student that filled out the form got their confirmation email at 10:27pm the same night and it was missing its date.  So something had to have happened between 5:18pm and 10:27pm on September 15th that is causing the issue.

When I send a test email, the date shows up correctly...but not in the one that goes to the student or our mailbox when the form is filled out.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm helping someone else with the same issue (since Support has yet to come to a conclusion) and would like you to run some tests for me. Write me at sandy@teknkl.com if you have the time.