15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 11:35 PM by Grégoire Michel

All score fields have stopped to sync from SFDC to Marketo

Grégoire Michel

Hi All,

Warning: since August, I have observed on multiple Marketo instances that ALL score fields have stopped to sync from SFDC to Marketo. In the past, we could not change the value of the custom score fields in SFDC (in fact we could, but the changes were automatically overridden by Marketo), but now, the lead score field seems to behave also that way.

This is quite painful for every one who used to have an SFDC workflow computing the sum behavior + demographic and inserting this in the lead score field.

See also Weird bug with "Score" field type?

Per a discussion with Mike Reynolds here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/108801#comment-108801, it seems that the "lead score" field value should not be changed in SFDC. And that the idea of a Salesforce workflow updating the lead score field is unsupported in the first place. Here is Mike's statement:

I've double checked with other Support Engineers, including Tier 2 and our SFDC Subject Matter Experts. I also tested it in my own Stage account, and if it is in fact a score field synced directly to Marketo, then a change from the SFDC side will be overwritten by the value from the Marketo side. If you're seeing different behavior, then something is broken and you should open up a case with Support to have it checked out.

Yet, Lead score does not appear on the list if the systems fields in the doc: Understanding System Managed Fields - Marketo Docs - Product Docs . More broadly, I have not been able to find in the doc a statement about the lead score field, or any other score fields BTW, being a one-way sync'ed field.

For those of you who have a Salesforce workflow that computes the sum of behavior + demographic and store the result to the lead score, send it back to Marketo and trigger lead management actions this may not work any longer, meaning the flow of MQL's has stopped.

Can you pls check and let us know?

If this is the case, then you may want to consider the following workaround:

In SFDC : create a new "formula" field, called "Total score" (you do not need a workflow here) in leads and contacts with the following formula:

blankvalue( Behavioral_Score__c,0) + blankvalue( Demo_Firmo_Score__c,0)

Then in Marketo, create a smart campaign that copies the value of this field to the lead score field with a change data value as this:

• smart list:
      • flow:

You may want to even replace lead score with "total score" in your lead management campaigns.

For the largest companies, another solution would be to ask Marketo Professional Services to run the total in Marketo using the munctions technology.

-Greg