SOLVED

System date token / timestamp field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

System date token / timestamp field

Hi,

I want to capture exact first date (in a field) of when a lead clicks on a web page url.

So I have created a 'timestamp' fields.

I have built a triggered campaign, so as soon as someone visits the webpage, the flow checks if the 'visitedtimestamp' field is empty, if so,then populates it with the system date token.

Q1. How do I stop the 'visitedtimestamp' field from being populated for older leads (leads that have visited the webpage in the past - so their first visit date won't be todays system date as its not their first visit)?

Q2. Is there a way to pre-populate the new 'visitedtimestamp' field for those who have visited the webpage, prior to today's new timestamp capture campaign being activated?

Q3. Is there a system token for capturing the URL is a field - so that I can extract a excel report and it shows exact link that was visited by the lead (as we have more than 20 specific links that we need to track and run a smart list for)?

Thanks,

Vibha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: System date token / timestamp field

You can't read the first web view timestamp for 2 reasons: (1) there is no token (if there were, you could just use that field) and (2) web activity is aged out after 90 days.

If you use the API, however, you could read the earliest Viewed Web Page activity that's still in the logs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Q1. How do I stop the 'visitedtimestamp' field from being populated for older leads (leads that have visited the webpage in the past - so their first visit date won't be todays system date as its not their first visit)?

Filter the SC Smart List.

Q2. Is there a way to pre-populate the new 'visitedtimestamp' field for those who have visited the webpage, prior to today's new timestamp capture campaign being activated?

Batch campaign.

Q3. Is there a system token for capturing the URL is a field - so that I can extract a excel report and it shows exact link that was visited by the lead (as we have more than 20 specific links that we need to track and run a smart list for)?

{{trigger.web page}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford,

Q1. - Sorted.

For Q2.  I ran a batch campaign using system date token, but it only picks latest date rather than the 1st date the lead visited the webpage. Would you how if we can specify in the flow - to populate the timestamp with 1st visit rather than recent visit?

Am testing Q3 now.

Cheers,

Vibha.

SanfordWhiteman

You can't read the first web view timestamp for 2 reasons: (1) there is no token (if there were, you could just use that field) and (2) web activity is aged out after 90 days.

If you use the API, however, you could read the earliest Viewed Web Page activity that's still in the logs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks Sanford.