7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 9:19 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Multiple Munchkin Tracking Codes on a Single Page

We would like to place a form and add Munchkin code to a 3rd party page that already has Munchkin tracking from a different instance.

It appears this can be done using the altids parameter (source: Using Multiple Munchkin Tracking Codes on a Single Page  ), however is there a way to turn off tracking of anonymous leads for just our instance while leaving the default instance as-is?

• Re: Multiple Munchkin Tracking Codes on a Single Page
          Sanford Whiteman

Excellent question. AFAIK this would require a customized Munchkin implementation (not something to take lightly, but something we do occasionally). cookieAnon applies to all the altIds.  What is the particular worry about having anonymous non-converting leads in your instance (considering that anonymous leads are now separate from the main database)?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Ronen Wasserman

I’m not aware of a way to disable anonymous leads tracking, however since this is a different domain name I believe that you won’t be able to track anonymous leads at all as far as I know and I’ll try to explain why:

1. 1.      I have a customer with a few domain names
            2. 2.      Sometimes they are anonymous in 1 domain and known in another, sometimes the opposite.
            3. 3.      The only way to make them “known” is when they fill out a form or click a link in an email with their own token.
            4. 4.      Only then – their information is being updated and they are known in the specific domain name they converted with, however for the other one – they keep anonymous.

I hope this helps, if not feel free to contact me directly

signature for community.png

email: ronen@ronlinemarketing.com

mobile: 1-917-775-6516

Sanford Whiteman

The Munchkin config option cookieAnon: false disables anonymous tracking, as I noted above.

Mollie's asking about sending hits to two Munchkin IDs (using the altIds config option for the second one) but having cookieAnon: true for one and cookieAnon: false for the other. Munchkin doesn't allow that granular config out-of-the-box.

The situation you're referring to is cross-domain tracking, which is by well-known to be hampered by the fact that cookies do not travel across different private domain suffixes.  Different situation.  Mollie's talking about tracking the altIds on a single domain (a single page, in fact).