We are working on setting up a cart abandonment program in Marketo.
We have a homegrown ecommerce site (so not using a service like Magento).
Does anyone have any experience setting this up? I couldn't find any documentation on it.
As of now, we have two custom objects: Cart Item and Order Item. Cart Item is an item that was added to the cart and order item is an item that was on an order.
The campaigns I have set-up are:
1 – Add to Cart List
- Added to cart is the trigger
- Flow adds them to an added to cart list
2 – Add to abandoned cart list
- Trigger is if they are added to the add to cart list
- Flow waits 1 day and adds them to an abandoned cart list
3 – Send Email
- Triggered if they are added to the abandoned cart list
Then I have 3 campaigns setup to remove them from the lists:
- Deleted Item – if they delete their cart
- Email Sent – if they receive the abandoned cart email
- Purchased – triggered if the date last shop data value changes
Does this look correct? Any advice?