QAD Inc. is looking for an experienced Marketing Automation professional to join our Marketing Operations team in Santa Barbara, CA. Local area candidates with Marketo experience are strongly preferred. If the below position sounds like a good fit and exciting opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Automation Specialist
Marketing Automation Specialist will be primarily responsible for the coordination, execution, and tracking of integrated marketing programs to nurture leads and engage customers. Leverage marketing automation experience, and awareness of modern best practices, to identify and guide improvements to current best practices in the areas of campaign execution, analytics, lead nurturing, and database management.
Identify opportunities to develop lead nurturing programs and execute them. Support and advise on best practices for overall lead generation campaigns with skillful production of direct mail, email, social media, webinars, conferences and other campaigns.
Manage the execution of marketing campaigns in alignment with objectives and provide periodic recommendations that enhance future campaign performance and measurements. Test and monitor campaigns to optimize performance based on industry best practices.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Execute lead nurturing and customer communication programs – Using Marketo marketing automation platform, set up and execute marketing programs designed to communicate with existing customers and nurture leads for new customers. Coordinate deliverables with marketing managers to ensure content is delivered on time and approved by the appropriate groups.
- Global support and best practices - Support, train, and advise our global marketers on established digital marketing and marketing automation best practices, software, and policies. Work with global field marketing on development of marketing programs and campaigns. Consult on marketing best practices for email deliverability, effectiveness, brand consistency, and customer experience. Assist and respond to marketing support requests from the field.
- Reporting and analytics - Drive data driven decision making in support of campaigns across multiple channels. Develop a set of standard reporting along with specific KPIs and predictive lead scoring for the team. Help drive data driven decision making through objective analysis and practices. Identify data capture opportunities that provide actionable insight.
- Data quality maintenance – In collaboration with the Marketing Operations team, manage the global marketing database, including maintaining the quality and accuracy of our data, cleaning and standardizing, running regular reports and resolving issues. Recommend process and policy revisions as needed to enhance data quality.
- Digital communication and marketing automation best practices - Maintain awareness of modern marketing automation best practices in B2B. Maintain alignment with Marketing Operations team and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to continuously improve upon current practices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Education/Licenses: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative, test-driven field e.g. economics, marketing, science, or statistics
- Experience: 3+ years of Marketing Automation Administration (preferably Marketo) required. 3+ database management, lead generation, and lead nurturing experience required.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience :
- 3+ previous experience leveraging data analytics to identify issues and suggest improvements strongly preferred.
- This individual must be able to lead projects from strategy to execution and have an excellent understanding of the underlying dynamics of a Marketo and SFDC (salesforce.dom integration) preferred.
- Computer skills: High aptitude for technology with working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access etc. Previous use of Marketo and Salesforce.com an advantage. Experience in coding (e.g. HTML and CSS) would be an advantage.
Other knowledge or skills:
- Ability to analyze marketing data, identify trends and recommend appropriate actions to continuously improve key Marketing metrics.
- Excellent time management and project management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable working with and effectively supporting a global matrixed field marketing organization.
QAD Inc. offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to provide health and financial wellness for you and your family, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) plan and paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.