AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question About Embedded Form

Question asked by 0cc12fa98f5147063795da446f97650d5da95259 on Aug 20, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2016 by 0cc12fa98f5147063795da446f97650d5da95259

My client has a form "embedded" on a web page but it's been done in a way that I don't understand. I put "embedded" in quotation marks because the "embed code" for the form is not there, and the fields in the actual Marketo form don't entirely match what's on the web page. Yet if I complete the form on the web page, it shows up in my activity log as Filled Out Form (name of Mkto form). Could one of you coding wizards like Sanford Winfield or Gregoire Michel please take a look at the source code on the web page and explain to me how this works? That is, how are values entered into this web page form fed to Marketo so that it thinks the Marketo form has been completed?

This is the page with the form:

I need to understand this because there are some problems. For example, a big problem is that the form as it appears on the web page (on the second page) asks for "Full Name" and if you enter, say, "Denise Greenberg", this populates both first and last name. However, if you enter only "Denise", that populates first name and leaves last name empty (which means the lead can't be synced to SFDC). I want to fix this but don't know how because unlike a true Marketo embedded form,  changing the form has no effect on the form that's actually on the web page (and there are other problems, too).

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes