Macmillan Learning is a division of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies.
Macmillan Learning is currently seeking an Email Marketing Associate located in their New York, NY office. This individual will support the Digital Marketing Department with the execution and ongoing maintenance of email programs, websites, microsites, and digital marketing campaigns. Responsibilities will include the logistics involved in the implementation and optimization of email and all online promotional activity for Macmillan Learning including collaborating to create email marketing programs for customer acquisition and lead generation, ensuring maintenance of Marketo folders, programs, and assets, and creating strong content assets for campaigns in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Specialists. The Email Marketing Associate will also be responsible for updating and optimizing marketing content on all digital platforms to contribute to a positive customer user experience.
- Support the Email Marketing Specialist in the creation and maintenance of Marketo email marketing programs
- Maintain and update Marketo folders, programs, and assets including data management and clean up
- Create email content, landing pages, and forms in Marketo including managing send lists, QAing and routing test sends, and deploying emails
- Regularly assemble analytics and KPI reporting to share with departments and to influence program improvements as needed
- Create content for integrated campaigns across channels, supporting digital marketing specialists from campaign launch through completion
- Collaborate with Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and Email Marketing Specialist to create and update digital marketing resources, documentation, user manuals, and request forms.
- Manage updates to marketing content on macmillanlearning.com including managing and maintaining a marketing calendar for content updates, working with Marketing Managers to collect content, and making recommendations for optimizing content.
- Support large scale marketing site projects such as content migrations, redesign, and optimization projects as needed
- Troubleshoot integration issues between Marketo and other internal systems and escalate as needed
- Keep abreast of digital marketing trends and making recommendations for the continued improvement of the digital marketing and sales strategy as appropriate
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Team oriented with a positive can-do attitude
- Takes initiative to support new projects/tasks and learn new skills
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across departments and teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently
- Creative and strategic thinker
- 1-2 years experience in digital marketing, with 6+ months experience in Marketo and/or Salesforce strongly preferred
- Basic HTML knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, SurveyGizmo, and WebEx a plus
Educational Background Required:
- BA in English, Communications, Marketing, or Business or other related field or equivalent work experience.