Dynamic Email: Send from Opportunity Owner

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Dynamic Email: Send from Opportunity Owner

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm curious is anyone has been able to figure out a way to dynamically send emails from an Opportunity Owner.  I've seen the idea ​, which suggests email scripting but I am not seeing the Opportunity Owner First, Last or Email Address as values in the email script editor.

Any suggestions or thoughts on how to accomplish this?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Dynamic Email: Send from Opportunity Owner

Hi Valerie,

One issue is that a given contact might be attached to more that one open opportunity at any point in time, each of these opportunities having a different owner. Do you have a rule in this case to determine which opportunity owner should be the sender?

Also, do you want to offer the opportunity owner to send an email "on demand" or do you want to send a batch email, with each email being signed by an opportunity owner?

Depending of the use case, the solution might be different, IMHO.

-Greg

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Grégoire,

In this use case, I would like to be able to send a batch email from the Opportunity Owner.  I do have criteria that I would need to use to ensure that the correct opportunity is selected in cases where the lead is attached to more than one opportunity.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Valerie,

In this case, I do not see many solutions...

1. Sol 1: create a batch system in SFDC that copies the appropriate opportunity owner info (last name, first name, email address) in contact custom fields.
  2. Sol 2: have a set of velocity scripts that provides the values you need. You will need one for each info (owner full name, owner email).

-Greg

Andy_Zebulske
Level 2

Hi Gregoire,

Would you be able to show an example of using velocity scripting to pull in opp owner name and email?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you search for "opportunitylist Velocity" I'm sure you'll see several of my examples.