5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 6:44 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Designate tracking pixel to certain places

I understand that in order for Marketo to track an email opened, user needs to right click and download images which then download the 1x1 pixel bug that is later used to build the pre-canned reports. Do you have control over where the pixel gets placed?

Also, if you create anchor links within the email, check "track link" but don't include mkt_tok, how does that funnel into reporting? Does it get tracked at all?

What are the best practices in using anchor text in emails?

• Re: Designate tracking pixel to certain places
          Sanford Whiteman

I understand that in order for Marketo to track an email opened, user needs to right click and download images which then download the 1x1 pixel bug that is later used to build the pre-canned reports. Do you have control over where the pixel gets placed?

It gets inserted automatically before the end of the body.  I don't think you can change that -- why would you want to?

Also, if you create anchor links within the email, check "track link" but don't include mkt_tok, how does that funnel into reporting? Does it get tracked at all?

If your browser doesn't open to the click tracking domain, nothing is tracked.