SOLVED

Sync registration form entry to Outlook calendar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync registration form entry to Outlook calendar

We have to create a Marketo registration form for people to sign up for trainings. See attached file for a rough layout. Is there a way we have have the dates and times people register sync to their Outlook calendar automatically?

I see there is Marketo Plugin for Outlook but it seems it does not have one for Mac which is what I use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Sync registration form entry to Outlook calendar

ICS is a standard file format that contains event/appointment information. Marketo can create and serve ICS files using their "Calendar Token" (which needs to be pre-created).  Agical.io creates ICS files on the fly and also supports more event parameters, such as reminders.

Either way, ICS files can be imported into any version of Outlook. Clicking a web link that generates an ICS file, clicking a saved ICS file on your hard disk, or dragging a saved ICS file to the Outlook app will all add the event to the person's calendar.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't one for mac.  We would love to make one but Mac makes this impossible

SanfordWhiteman

"Marketo Plugin for Outlook" isn't relevant unless your leads have the plugin installed. If you're showing this form to the public, they would never have the plugin, regardless of OS.

An Outlook user can easily click an ICS/iCalendar link to add to their calendar.  You can create an Agical.io link based on what the user fills in on the form and they can immediately click it (instead of waiting for a confirmation email).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

What is ICS/iCalendar? how does work with Outlook?

Kaming

SanfordWhiteman

ICS is a standard file format that contains event/appointment information. Marketo can create and serve ICS files using their "Calendar Token" (which needs to be pre-created).  Agical.io creates ICS files on the fly and also supports more event parameters, such as reminders.

Either way, ICS files can be imported into any version of Outlook. Clicking a web link that generates an ICS file, clicking a saved ICS file on your hard disk, or dragging a saved ICS file to the Outlook app will all add the event to the person's calendar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a web page in Marketo with links of the trainings. (See attached sample) Each link is a token of ics. So when user clicks on any link, Outlook brings up and the event is added to the client's calendar automatically. That part works fine.

Is there a way we may also who register? The info of all the registrants is already in the Marketo contact list. But we need to create a report specially for the registrant of these trainings. So I guess is there a way we may track the names and email addresses of the people who click on the link(s).

SanfordWhiteman

Please only ask the same question in one thread.  If you mark one of my above answers as correct, then I'll answer your follow-up in its own thread.