Southern New Hampshire University’s College of Online and Continuing Education (COCE) is currently seeking a Marketing Automation Strategist. The Marketing Automation Strategist is responsible for growing and optimizing the use of the marketing automation platform, Marketo, for communication to prospective and current students as well as staff within the College of Online and Continuing Education. This position is highly involved in multiple aspects of marketing, communications, and lead lifecycle management, from lead generation/acquisition and nurturing through application, enrollment student success and beyond. A strong background in email marketing, marketing automation administration, and lead generation/optimization is desired, ideally within Marketo. Experience with higher education or B2C-oriented environment is preferable.
The Marketing Automation Strategist reports to the AVP of Communication Strategy & Development and serves as direct supervisor for an Email and Marketing Automation Manager. This position works closely with the rest of the Communications team as well as Creative Services, Data Analytics, ITS, Marketing and all Student Support departments as part of a service organization. The Communication Strategy & Development department serves as a support role to the organization by creating and executing a cohesive annual strategic plan for communication efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Manage & optimize the marketing automation platform while serving as technical system administrator
- Enhance multi-layered campaigns, which include email marketing, nurture programs, webinars/events, text messaging, push notifications, direct mail and CRM activity triggers
- Supervise Email and Marketing Automation Manager, providing guidance and sharing best practices
- Facilitate technical conversations between vendor and ITS related to CRM integration and service level
- Create, build and QA targeted drip campaign strategies and nurture architectures in a timely manner with content that aligns to the student’s journey and lead lifecycle
- Recommend and develop nurture campaigns that will support admission, advising and student success department goals as well as increase staff efficiency
- Recommend and implement testing methodologies (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing with content, email templates, landing pages, offers, etc.) on campaigns to drive significant growth in enrollment and revenue, thereby improving conversion rates, student success, retention, and the overall brand experience
- Create, launch, test and refine email campaigns while staying up-to-date with email best practices, industry changes, trends and CAN-SPAM laws
- Maintain holistic view of all marketing automation programs to understand and accomplish goals including improve deliverability and engagement rates, reduce spam complaints, increase web form completions
- Drive innovation through development of advanced marketing automation strategies, including email, text notifications, direct mail and social media engagement
- Juggle multiple projects and team members in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Develop reporting dashboards that provide insights and visualization into campaign performance (including segment and channel performance breakdowns)
- A certification and minimum 5+ years of experience in one of the following: Marketo, ExactTarget, Eloqua, Pardot, or a related technology
- Digital marketing experience - working with websites, custom content, etc.
- Experience developing and executing email campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree – Marketing preferred or related experience
- In depth knowledge of email marketing best practices including design, deliverability and customer engagement
- Expertise in email related HTML and CSS and of web technology including APIs, PHP and SEO
- Expertise in email regulations, e.g. CAN-SPAM
- Hands-on experience with browser based email marketing/CRM tools
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset while managing day-to-day needs with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Management experience
Location and Work Hours:
Manchester, NH office location. Work hours are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.