SOLVED

New Lead Score Applied to ALL Leads?

Go to solution
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

New Lead Score Applied to ALL Leads?

Setting up behavior and demographic scoring, both trigger campaigns. Behavioral will obviously only affect leads taking the action moving forward, but will demographic scores be applied to ALL database leads or just new leads who qualify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: New Lead Score Applied to ALL Leads?

I would strongly urge you to consider using batch campaigns only for demographic scoring. Demo items don't change often either.

Behavior can change anytime, however, the challenge here is that the more triggers you have, the slower your system. This may become moot with Orion soon, but consider if you really need all behaviors scored instantly and if that really matters to your sales team. MQLs aren't people knocking on your door this minute - Free Trial and Contact Me excepted -- so consider using batches for some behaviors.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal

Kim,

I would recommend first running a batch campaign to update demographic scoring. Then you can use the trigger for new leads that are created.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is a trigger then only to new leads.  You can run it in batch to have it affect all leads

Josh_Hill13

I would strongly urge you to consider using batch campaigns only for demographic scoring. Demo items don't change often either.

Behavior can change anytime, however, the challenge here is that the more triggers you have, the slower your system. This may become moot with Orion soon, but consider if you really need all behaviors scored instantly and if that really matters to your sales team. MQLs aren't people knocking on your door this minute - Free Trial and Contact Me excepted -- so consider using batches for some behaviors.