4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 7:48 AM by Tyson Jurgens

Acquisition Program vs Acquisition Program Name Fields

Denise Greenberg

I was looking to nail down the difference between the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name fields and was pointed to this answer marked as correct from a 2013 discussion:

I'd bet that Acquisition Program Name is for people like me who were complaining about Acquisition Program being a system locked down field. It isn't available in many picklists, nor in certain filters. I really wanted to trigger campaigns off of Acquisition Program. So as a work around they duplicated the data into Acquisition Program Name and didn't make it a "special" data point, allowing it to be selected in lists, etc.

Acquisition Program = Master naming for programs
      Acquisition Program Name = Friendly usable name

Has something has changed? Because what I see now is that I can select either field in a Smart List but can select only Acquisition Program in a Change Data Value flow step (though I could have sworn I had used Acquisition Program Name in a Change Data Value flow step in the past - perhaps it's my bad memory).

MAIN QUESTION:

The use case is that I want to check if Acquisition Program (or Acquisition Program Name) is empty - and if it IS, then populate it. In my Smart List, does it matter whether I use: Acquisition Program Name->is empty or Acquisition Program->is empty?

And can someone please expand upon why the two fields since the above explanation (no longer) seems to be accurate (i.e., Acquisition Program is usable)?

Thank you!

Denise