SOLVED

Should nurture program content refer to a different campaign Smart List?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should nurture program content refer to a different campaign Smart List?

Today I noticed that one of the content pieces in our nurturing program is tied to a separate email program (outside the nurturing program) that has a campaign with a triggered Smart List; when someone submits the form on a particular landing page, they receive a "thank you for downloading report XYZ" follow up email.

My question is, is that the correct setup? Or should the campaign "filled out form" (and the associated follow up thank you email) also be nested within the nurturing program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Should nurture program content refer to a different campaign Smart List?

It depends on how you want your reporting to work. I prefer to have a separate program for assets like this for a couple reasons:

1. I want to be able to reuse that landing page and asset many times without having to recreate it over and over. This way if I need to change something, I just need to change it once.

2. I want my lead to receive program success in both places, so the multitouch attribution gives credit to both the nurture email that influenced them, AND the asset that influenced them.

It should be noted that if a lead is acquired by this asset, their acquisition program will be the program where the asset lives unless you manually override it. This probably won't be an issue in this case though, because you probably aren't acquiring net new leads through your nurture program since it's going to your existing pool of leads.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyMulligan

It depends on how you want your reporting to work. I prefer to have a separate program for assets like this for a couple reasons:

1. I want to be able to reuse that landing page and asset many times without having to recreate it over and over. This way if I need to change something, I just need to change it once.

2. I want my lead to receive program success in both places, so the multitouch attribution gives credit to both the nurture email that influenced them, AND the asset that influenced them.

It should be noted that if a lead is acquired by this asset, their acquisition program will be the program where the asset lives unless you manually override it. This probably won't be an issue in this case though, because you probably aren't acquiring net new leads through your nurture program since it's going to your existing pool of leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sydney.

So, if I understand you correctly, you would have a campaign under the nurturing program, and a campaign under the acquisition program?

SydneyMulligan

I have a general campaign for Engagement under my Nurture program. If they engage with my Nurture program by clicking a link in an email or filling out a form, I give them success in the Nurture. If they fill out the form for that specific asset, I give them success in the asset's program.

SydneyMulligan

Do you mind marking my response as correct if you're satisfied with the answer?