This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I would not recommend trying to go through this route, as the latency between form followup, and return values from a webhook is too high to work with consistency. If possible I would recommend using AJAX to pull values from your webhook and then pass them in the form fillout. Doing so, you can leverage the conditional follow-up feature of Forms 2.0. You can check out the forms API here: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/
If possible I would recommend using AJAX to pull values from your webhook and then pass them in the form fillout.
Could you expand on the above? What would my flow look like? This:
- User fills out form
- Webhook invoked
- ??Landing Page queries webhook??
- Redirect based on webhook query?
It would look like this:
1. Users Fills Out Form
2. When the Submit button is pressed, during the onValidate or onSubmit callback, send an AJAX call to your webhook.
3. On AJAX success(or Failure), use the addHiddenFields() and vals() methods to create fields and values from the AJAX response which are posted to Marketo with the form submission.
4. Form is submitted, and then the followup is selected based on your rules for the form in Form Settings in Marketo.
So I wouldn't actually be using a Marketo webhook in that case? I'd be making an AJAX request instead?