8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 9:52 AM by Carl Landers

Who is your favorite predictive lead scoring vendor?

I'm having major issues with my current predictive lead scoring vendor (Lattice) and would like to vet a few alternatives. Who are you using for predictive and what do you like about them? 6Sense, Fliptop, Infer, Leadspace, Mintigo? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

• Re: Who is your favorite predictive lead scoring vendor?
          JD Nelson

We use LeadSpace. My sfdc admin said he'd likely go with Zoominfo if given a different choice.

Leadspace has had it's growing pains, and at times we feel like their guinea pig for new services. Seems like they build things for us, then launch it to their market.

Andy Varshneya

I recently went through the process of vetting out Lattice, Fliptop, Infer, and Radius. I walked away most impresed by Infer but ultimately ended up building out something in-house using our own product for now.

One thing you'll want to keep an eye on when you're going through these vendors is see if you have the ability to add new signals or remove certain signals. For example, there was a time at a previous company when I was doing a POC with one of these vendors and one of the signals ended up becoming "has Twitter account" and it scored other leads with a twitter account a higher score, even though our product offering had nothing to do with Twitter, nor was it a qualifier by any means. From what I recall during my conversation with Infer during the Summit a few months ago you could turn off signals like that, but I would just confirm to play it safe.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Justin Gray

Erin,

I would suggest throwing Everstring in the ring. We've evaluated most of the vendors you list and ended up going with Everstring as a partner and as a customer. Case study on how we use them here for reference: How to Create a Buyer-Centric Revenue Model | LeadMD

http://www.everstring.com/

Justin

Carl Landers

Thanks for asking, Erin, as I'm looking for the same information.

We were doing a pilot with SalesPredict, but they just got acquired by eBay. What I liked about their solution is they score not only the account but also the contacts at the account, so your team has visibility into not only why they're speaking with that company but also why they're speaking with that individual.

I'm looking for a vendor that does something similar.

-Carl

Eddie Morales

Hi Erin,

I've struggled with seeing results that that prove PA is working. There are two instances I've seen, both of them were inherited. I was never part of the evaluation or discovery phases. Here's what I've seen.

For "enterprise" types of transactions (>$150k deal size) Lattice was in play. Leads marked as "D" sales were actually converting those to contacts and opps at a healthier rate than those "A" or  "B" leads. While many of the "A and B" leads didn't perform well.

Scenario #2, my current role, high velocity and high volume SMB play (<$1,000/month MRR) we see no benefit from using Infer.

In both cases I wasn't there to evaluate and set up the tools so I can't truly say if the short comings are from the user side or the vendor side.

I will probably revisit and evaluate vendors next year as we go upstream to go after Mid-Market and enterprise accounts.

Good luck on your search for the right solution.

Andy Varshneya

Yeah, this is where it can be dangerous. These tools are influenced heavily by data quality too, so that should be the first thing any team masters and operationalizes before looking at tools for automated analysis.

Once that's done though, do look at if you can weight, add, and remove signals because as I mentioned earlier, they often cause false positives and false negatives because of meaningless signals that have nothing to do with your product offering or sales cycle.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          Eddie Morales

I completely agree. In both cases there were cold massive data imports into the CRMs with no process for data hygiene or management.

It makes sense that your data needs to be clean in order for any type of data analysis to have a high level of accuracy, even for non-predictive.

This would imply that if PA vendors truly care about their customer's success with their tool they should really push their potential customer to have a data hygiene plan in place before taking on the tool.