SOLVED

How do you backup your leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you backup your leads?

Hi all,

I know you're probably bussy with catching Pokemons. Even though I'd like to know if and how you backup your leads?

Do you export your full lead database frequently or are there any other ways to "undo" something, bring leads back to another "version".

Let's say, for whatever reasons, leads get deleted or a smart campaign overwrites attributes of leads etc.

I think it really makes sense to figure out a solution for these scenarios BEFORE they happen so you know what to do in case it ever happens.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Axel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you backup your leads?

SFDC handles this for you.

Marketo does run backups, but a restoration is hard to get them to do.

Companies that can afford it, will build a marketing data warehouse to pull data into. If you're mostly concerned with accidents, setup a better process to avoid errors and to use field blocking.  I've written about this on my site and here too if you check the Content section.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

SFDC handles this for you.

Marketo does run backups, but a restoration is hard to get them to do.

Companies that can afford it, will build a marketing data warehouse to pull data into. If you're mostly concerned with accidents, setup a better process to avoid errors and to use field blocking.  I've written about this on my site and here too if you check the Content section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your answer

I like the idea of setting up a data warehouse! Since we're a data warehouse company, it shouldn't be that tough.

Field blocking and better processes are definitely important. But you know, I want to have a backup plan. It can always happen something unexpected.

Best,

Axel

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I like the idea of setting up a data warehouse! Since we're a data warehouse company, it shouldn't be that tough.

lol

You haven't worked with the API yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

What are your experiences from a Software Architects' perspective?

Best,

Axel

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Too long to get into here. Expect surprises. Bugs lurk at the edges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

mhh thank you for the information

Best,

Axel