4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 11:47 AM by Dory Viscogliosi

Hiding form after fillout on RTP popup - Murtza?

Dory Viscogliosi
      I'm sure that more people than just Murtza could answer this, but I've been going through the developers documentation to hide a form after successful submission, and either I'm adding the code to the wrong location, or it isn't working with the updated asynchronous code that support recommended for adding a forms 2.0 form to an RTP popup. 

The code recommended by support was:

<form id="mktoForm_1589"></form>
      <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
      $.ajax({ 
      cache: true, 
      async: true, 
      url: "//app-sj05.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.js", 
      dataType: "script", 
      success: function(){ 
      MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj05.marketo.com", "867-SLG-901", 1589); 

});
      // ]]></script>

The code to hide the form upon submission is: 

1. MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjst.marketo.com", "785-UHP-775", 1057, function(form){
      2. //Add an onSuccess handler
      3. form.onSuccess(function(values, followUpUrl){
      4. //get the form's jQuery element and hide it
      5. form.getFormElem().hide();
      6. //return false to prevent the submission handler from taking the lead to the follow up url.
      7. return false;
      8. });
      9. });
      Can anyone point me in the right direction of putting hose two together so that they hide the form upon submission? Thank you so much in advance!
        • Re: Hiding form after fillout on RTP popup - Murtza?
          John Wallace
          I believe that example they give will work.  In the form you just need inidcate what you want to happen after the form is submitted.  this  works for me,  I think forms 2.0 has ajax functionality built in.

<script src="//app-sjp.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>
          <form id="mktoForm_537"></form>
          <script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjp.marketo.com", "466-AGZ-592", 537, function(form){

form.onSuccess(function(values, followUpUrl){
              //get the form's jQuery element and hide it
              form.getFormElem().hide();
              //return false to prevent the submission handler from taking the lead to the follow up url.
              return false;
            });

});
          </script>
            Dory Viscogliosi
            Hey John, is this working for you on RTP? Support provided the code that I showed above because otherwise we were unable to get a the popup to show up on our page. When I use your code above in RTP (modified with our info), I'm having the same issue where I don't even get a popup. It would be great if Murtza or one of the other developers from Marketo could provide some guidance here since RTP seems to be a different beast!
              Kenny Elkington
              Hey Dory,

Can you provide a description of what exactly the issue is that you're seeing?  Is the Form not loading, or not hiding?
                Dory Viscogliosi
                Hey Kenny, thanks for the reply! When I preview with anything other than what's below, the popup doesn't appear at all. I also tried launching and RTP showed impressions, but I wasn't able to see the popup.

<form id="mktoForm_1589"></form>
                <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
                $.ajax({ 
                cache: true, 
                async: true, 
                url: "//app-sj05.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.js", 
                dataType: "script", 
                success: function(){ 
                MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj05.marketo.com", "867-SLG-901", 1589); 

});
                // ]]></script>