AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marketo Scoring: Lead Score vs Behavior Score vs Demographic Score

Question asked by 652b902a60dc70426ef2d111f073b6910783a2c7 on Jul 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 by Jessica Kao

We have been, by default, leveraging the LEAD SCORE, for both the Stars and the Flames and the Flames indicate the Urgency by the most recent activity, while the Stars reflect the relative scores to one’s other leads.  What exactly happens when we try to incorporate BEHAVIORAL scoring?  I wanted to evolve our scoring one phase at a time, but I want to ensure there is clarification on the behavior the scoring WAS based on and what will happen as I incorporate BEHAVIORAL scoring.  I want to next evolve the scoring to incorporate DEMOGRAPHIC. Marketo docs did not make it clear to me what would happen, if I were to change the scoring for the Flames to reflect the Behavioral.  Also, what happens to the LEAD Scoring?  Does this just go away?  Should I first attribute all Lead’s  BEHAVIORAL scoring to their current LEAD SCORE? And then roll out the BEHAVIORAL scoring?  I am very confused about the whole thing, but I do believe it would be very useful to evolve our scoring.  I just need to have a better understanding before, not just moving there, but also enabling me to train the Sales Team on the effects and what the scoring will mean to them as I roll this out.  Clearly, I’m confused with how these scorings work amongst each other.  Basically, I need to understand the interactions between all three of these scoring dimensions and where they are reflected.  Is it possible to roll these out in a phased approach, or should I go ahead a roll out both (Behavior and Demographic), refining the definitions as the business targets change and become more clear?  If I do roll out both Behavioral and Demographic, what happens to the Lead Score?  Thanks for any help you may have to offer?

Outcomes