8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 8:19 AM by Joe Reitz

Importing leads and keeping BOTH field values

Ryan Draving

Help!  Is there any way to import leads into Marketo with more advanced conditional logic than the advanced import has by default (I am a user with full access to all user privileges).  Here's what I want to do:

If a lead:

1) already exists and has a comment value, the imported comment value is added on to the existing value, so now both values live in that single field

2) already exists and has a lead owner first name value, the imported value replaces the existing value. 

3a) already exists and has a lead status value, the imported comment value does NOT replace the previous value

3b) already exists and has no lead status value (empty), the imported value replaces the empty value

4) does not exist, a new lead is created

I want to do this with a single import - which would require me to be allowed to set special logic for each field (rather than simply mapping import fields to Marketo fields)

Is there any way to do this within Marketo without an add-on like RingLead?  I bump up against a huge time-waster like this every time I want to run an import.

Thanks,

Ryan