5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 10:55 AM by Danny Tran

Reporting Math Confusion - Email Performance & Email Link Performance

We are sending out an email to leads that have four links in them. The report I want to run is I want to see the unique clicks of one particular link in that email. I sent a test to just myself and clicked all the links in the email and ran an Email Link Performance (ELP) and Email Performance (EP) report.

1. I understand that the difference between the two reports is that the EP tracks unique clicks, but how can I get it to report unique clicks of just ONE of the links as opposed to all of the links? When I tried to use a smart list "Clicked Link in Email: Email is ___ Link is ____" both reports came back completely blank. I'm ok with getting a report of ALL the links, it just concerns me that I'm doing something wrong.
      2. When looking at the EP report - it said they was only 1 click. I just want to confirm that it tracks only that one lead clicked ANY link in the email, even if there are multiple links within the body of the email?
      3. When I selected the email in the setup for the ELP, the columns that came back were Clicked, %Clicked, Leads, %Leads (the default). For clicks and percent clicks, it makes sense to me that they were each 1 and 25% totaling four clicks. (I took it to mean as times specific link was clicked / total clicks) However, wouldn't I'm not following why the Leads and % Leads came back with the same number If I was the only lead to get the email, shouldn't all the "% Leads" be 100% since all the leads clicked the link? (Hovering over the column says % of leads who have clicked the lead in the email.)
      4. Also, is there a way to see what numbers are pulled to calculate some of the percentages. Like I said above, it just makes sense to me that the "% Leads", above, it just makes sense to me that each click would not be an equivalent to a lead, which is what that math is suggesting it did. Now I'm just not confidence that I'm understanding the math in the reports so is there a place I can go to check how they are getting their numbers (Excluding creating a discussion topic each time I confuse myself looking at a report.)

The combo of the problem I was having with #1 and the reporting confusion in #3 just completely had me short-circuit. While we still want to see total clicks and not just unique clicks of all the links, I'm just looking for a simple way to report this, similar to the example columns below.

Clicks%ClicksUnique Clicks% Unique Clicks

Link 1

x

%

x

%

Link 2x%x%
      Link 3x%x%
      TotalSUM(SUM / Delivered) %SUMSUM / Delivered) %