We're looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our rapidly growing Marketing team in our London HQ. If you have Marketo experience, your interview is guaranteed!
About the role
As part of the marketing team at BookingBug, your role as a Marketing Assistant will be to work alongside the marketing team as it develops and execute key marketing strategies, plans and tactics. The role will span campaigns and activities focussed on all of our key markets.
As a startup with a team of 60+, the company is agile, fast moving and growing quickly. This means that you will be able to gain real business and marketing experience, take on real responsibilities and run real campaigns. We will offer lots of opportunities to try your hand at many different areas of marketing and communications. If you have a specific skill or interest, we may even be able to help you develop in a specific area.
There is also opportunity to become involved in the planning and development of BookingBug’s marketing activities as the company continues to grow and explore new routes to market. A proactive, creative, can-do approach to idea generation and implementation is essential for the role to succeed.
This is a full-time permanent position.
About the opportunities, skills and responsibilities
The experience you will gain during your time with us will be varied, and can even be tailored to specific areas of marketing you are specifically interested in learning about and developing in.
The responsibilities of a Marketing Assistant within the BookingBug team are varied, spanning, but not limited to:
- Creating content for the BookingBug blog, newsletter and social media channels
- Working alongside the customer support team with customer onboarding and community management activities
- Helping to maximise BookingBug’s reach and influence on social channels, engaging with existing and potential customers
- Assisting in researching and planning events and trade shows
- Working with the customer support team to ensure new customers have access to relevant, usable on-boarding materials
- Conducting market research and analysis
- Assisting in the measurement and reporting of marketing campaigns
- You should have studied for a marketing or business degree and achieved a 2:1 or higher
- You should be passionate about all things marketing, with a keen interest in digital, technology, the web and start-ups
- You should be a proactive self-starter, always considering, suggesting and trying new ideas and approaches
- You should be a confident communicator and an extremely strong writer
- You should be creative, innovative, like getting stuck in and are keen to learn and grow with the company you’re joining
- You should be comfortable working in a non-corporate, start-up environment
- You are a UK or EU citizen, or have an appropriate UK working visa
Why work for BookingBug
BookingBug is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies; our award-winning multichannel appointment and event booking technology is used by thousands of businesses around the world. Our customers are very diverse, from small and mid-sized service businesses (such as salons, personal trainers and cookery schools) to large enterprises (including retailers, banks and telcos) through to local and central government organisations and the NHS.
Our HQ is in Farringdon, London — where the majority of our lively, hard working 60-person team is based — with our US team located in Boston and Santa Monica. We're a creative bunch, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology and digital culture to music management. We pride ourselves on our great working culture and offer all staff a host of extra perks and regular social activities.
If we sound like the kind of team you'd like to be a part of, apply now!