After much investigation this afternoon, I'm convinced that the system has crucial bugs with regard to Leads created via SOAP.
When I create a Lead with the UI, I can do all of the following via SOAP:
- syncLead to alter attributes, see changes in web UI
- add the lead to an existing list
When I create a Lead with SOAP, I see different results:
- can't see it in the web UI
- getLead is ok
- syncLead to alter attributes is ok
- can't add the lead to an existing list (no reason given in response)
It seems that a SOAP-created Lead is only half-recognized by the system. I can create it and modify it on the back-end, but the front-end is oblivious.
I'd assume anyone using SOAP will need to create Leads, so I think this is a significant bug.